Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pyramid Outburst Imperial IPA




















The Dirt
I had this beer on tap in Portland a little over a year ago at the Pyramid taphouse. It was certainly enjoyable, so it was a nice surprise to see it in bottles at my local liquor store. Just like the taphouse version, this beer made it clear that it's for hop heads. Equipped with a very sharp hop profile, it came across very dry with heavy pine and almost spicy hops. This is fantastic if you're in the mood for a boatload of hops, which I certainly can be. However, if you're not, this beer can be hard to drink. If it had a bit of biscuity sweetness on the back end, it would be a much more balanced beer. Then again, I doubt that's what it's aiming for. If you're not into hops...stay away. If you are...enjoy my friend.

Worth it?
Not if you don't like hops. If you do, a 6-pack is very well priced. I would be more inclined to buy again if it came in a 4-pack or as a single.

The Final Word
 

No comments:

Post a Comment