Thursday, March 31, 2011

SPECIAL REVIEW: Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout (AGED: 1.5 years - bottle)




















The Dirt
Another accidentally aged beer! And a Russian Imperial Stout no less. I've had one of these un-aged and it was tasty, but like the Stone Russian, the aging mellowed it out. This guy has a little more spicy dark chocolate tone right up front, but smooths out and has great body. As noted, it has become more velvety in texture with age.

Worth it?
The couple of times I've bought this at Spec's it was on sale for like $5 or $6 for a 4-pack. Both times I got the last pack on the shelf. I would have bought more if they were there. If I were forced to pick only one between the Stone and the Brooklyn, I'd have to narrowly pick the Stone. But this guy is definitely worth it, on sale or not.

The Final Word

No comments:

Post a Comment