Thursday, March 10, 2011

Harpoon 100 Barrel Series Oak Aged Dunkel




















The Dirt
I found this little treat tucked away in the back of my local Spec's. Harpoon always makes quality beer, so thought I'd give this 100 Barrel Series a shot.

The first thing you notice is a nice, but subtle, toasty oak flavor, which is perfect for this dunkel. It then slides away smoothly off your palate if the beer is fully refrigerated. I recommend letting this sit a little bit to warm up. Once that happens, you get much more of the dunkel taste. You also get a little spicy dry hop action on the back-end at this point.

Worth it?
It was about $6, or just under, for the bomber. I think it was pretty reasonable for what tasted like true quality. Looking forward to trying others in the series. If you like dunkels, you'll like this guy. The oak flavor was perfectly balanced and made it a treat.

The Final Word

No comments:

Post a Comment