Monday, May 16, 2011

Shiner Ruby Redbird




















The Dirt
I will admit, when I saw this on the shelf, I frowned a little. But my roommate brought back a couple from a BYOB gathering at Salt Lick, so I thought I'd review something I wouldn't normally buy.

Once poured, you can instantly smell the ginger. After a few sips, you wonder if you're drinking a ginger ale with less fiz and alcohol added in. There's a hint of the grapefruit on the backside of the beer, but isn't too noticeable compared to the ginger. Very dry after the initial ginger taste.

Worth it?
I will always keep an open mind to any beer I try, because some can truly surprise you. But this one lived up to the expectations. It was free for me, and there's another in the fridge. Safe to say, I won't be drinking it. I applaud the creative effort and old college try, but Shiner, please return to crafting tasty renditions of classic German beers.


The Final Word

No comments:

Post a Comment