Saturday, August 13, 2011

Alaskan Amber




















The Dirt
Alaskan is an elusive brewery for someone who doesn't live in the West. I've had the lucky fortune to experience their stuff while in Arizona and California, and now with living in Colorado. The Amber had been one of my favorites to get when traveling, so it was time to finally buy a 6-pack.

As an amber should, this beer has a great deep amber color. Upon first sip it has a nice crisp malty tone that isn't very sweet, which I like in an amber. Subsequent consumption reveals an accompanying dry hop front end. Although I recall it being far more smooth and crisp in my past experiences (I once called it the crispest beer I ever had), it's still a great beer for grilling out and when in the mood for a no-frills traditional beer.

Worth it?
Alaskan can be expensive. I got this on sale for $7.49 a 6-pack, which was a good deal. I used to be willing to pay anything for this beer, as it was so unbelievably crisp and fresh. That profile has subsided a bit, but it's still a tasty brew worth its pennies when on sale or anytime on draft.

Final Word

No comments:

Post a Comment