Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bristol Beehive Honey Wheat




















The Dirt
Part of a summer mix pack, the Beehive attempts to be the wheat beer in Bristol's bottled profile. I really like wheat beers, and I yearn for a honey beer to really impress me, but unfortunately this was beer did not meet expectations. You can taste the honey a bit up-front, but it fades to more of a pale ale profile, ending with a dry copper-like taste. The beer is a bit too light for my taste and has a weak back end. The honey, although somewhat detectable, is almost hidden by a slight lemon-like flavor. Perhaps the honey is more wild than I'm used to, but whatever the case, it's not as present as I had hoped.

Worth it?
Perhaps I'll one day buy the sample pack again, as there were some stellar beers in it (reviews to come), but it's unlikely I'd purchase this individually.

The Final Word

No comments:

Post a Comment