Tuesday, November 20, 2012

SPECIAL REVIEW: Dogfish Head Midus Touch 2010 (AGED: 2 years - bottle)




















The Dirt
Every now and then I get a little too creative, whether it's cooking up a meal or aging a beer. I happened to have an extra Midus Touch lying around for a bit so, having not read anything against aging it, that's what I did. It's 9% alcohol and is similar to a tripel, so why not?

Oh silly me - I wasted a perfectly good Midus Touch that when fresh is a tasty brew (review to come someday). Turns out this beer is about as age-worthy as milk. The nose smelled like strong grape juice, which wasn't surprising given that grapes are used in the beer. But the taste was that of the worst wine you've ever encountered. It was like taking cheap champagne meets store brand grape juice and putting it in your car for all of July before drinking. There was also a nasty gray film on the cap. Needless to say I did not finish this experiment gone horribly wrong. Sorry Sam for wasting one of your perfectly good brews.

Worth it?
The beer, when fresh, is worth it as a treat now and then. But aged? No sir. I regret my decision 110%.

The Final Word
 

No comments:

Post a Comment