Monday, February 27, 2012

Sam Adams Third Voyage




















The Dirt
Another entry on the Sam Adams experimental beer line, Third Voyage is a double IPA that uses Cascade hops from different regions of the world. The approach created a very good and drinkable double IPA, but was lacking some of the impact of other doubles I've had. Solid Cascade hop flavor at the front with a little biscuitiness on the back, but could use a little more of both. Like the Tasman Red, the Third Voyage gets better with warmth. But again, if left to become too warm, it gets a bit too bitter and the alcohol begins to dominate the taste profile.

Worth it?
A very good double IPA worth my time and penny, but didn't get me as excited as other doubles I've had. I think it may have been a little pricy given others in the market, but if you're like me, it's hard not to buy the whole lineup of experimental beers like this. But if you don't regularly buy beers like this, I think there are better for the price for your special purchase, such as the Dogfish 90 Minute.

The Final Word

No comments:

Post a Comment